The regular meeting of the Macomb Lions Club was held on April 21, 2011. Members gathered in the dining room of the Grand Prairie Home with those members in attendance as shown on the Attendance Record and Guest Register. Transcribed below is what happened at the meeting:
Attendance: Guests 02
Lead in the Pledge of Allegiance – Lion Huffman
Prayer – Silent
Guests – Kelli Kempf and Bryant Mahlstedt
Program – PDG Kathy Sellers, Lions of Illinois Foundation Trustee.
Candy Days, Sight and Sound Sweepstakes and Tootsie Pop Day are the Foundations 3 major fundraising events. Talked about eye glass collections and how important that is along with hearing aids. Talked about the need to sponsor a camper to Camp Lions and making contributions to the LIF Endowment Fund.
1. Motion by Lion Jani and 2nd by Lion Battin (amended by Lion Culver) to elect the slate of officers by acclamation. Motion passed.
2. President Carter announced that the Junior Football League was holding a trivia night Fund Raiser.
3. April Highway Clean Up night is April 28th. Meet at Everly Park Shelter house at 5:00 pm.
4. Community Service Project – We are going to assist the Macomb Park District spread out new surface at the new playground at Veteran’s Park (on University Drive). Work dates are April 29th and 30th.
5. Lion Beaver asked for members to get their top three lists into the membership committee.
Tail Twister Sweepstakes – $7.00 won by Lion Jan Entwislte. Rollover.