The regular meeting of the Macomb Lions Club was held on February 17, 2011. Members gathered in the dining room of the Grand Prairie Home with those members in attendance as shown on the Attendance Record and Guest Register. Transcribed below is what happened at the meeting:
Attendance: Guests 08
Lead in the Pledge of Allegiance – Lion Culver
Prayer – Silent
Guests – Chris Standard (Lion Beaver) & 7 significant others
Program –Lion Bruce Prueter and Ruth Park lead club in singing appropriate Valentine’s Day songs.
1. Sight and Sound Sweepstakes. Lion Morgan will chair. Distributed books to members. 12 tickets for $10. Need to turn in on the 17th. Collected tonight by Treasurer Westen for Lion Morgan.
2. Service Projects. – Lion Bowen is scheduling work for us on the Park District’s new playground area at Veteran’s Park, and the is a park trail that needs to be clear from growth.
3. Lion Beaver brought up article in paper about the turkey project. He thought it should be clarified that we had 2 other major partners.
4. Lion Lou Battin let the club know he had applied for a grant that awards grants of $50,000 and $100,000 to individuals who have done a lot of work with the homeless.
5. Announcements – Lion Bowen has made contact with Humbolt Broom. They have 40 dozen brooms available. Club would prefer to stick with them if they will ship immediately so we have supplies on hand for Spring sale. Hearing Screening and Retinopathy Units will be in Macomb on June 2nd. The District Convention is in Macomb on March 11th and 12th. We would like to show good support for District Governor Jim. Lion Jan was able to get Nostalgia to donate $50 toward our gift basket so it will be worth $100. PDG/LIF Trustee Kathy Sellers will be here at the April 21st meeting.
Tail Twister Sweepstakes –$14.25 won by Lion Dirksen. Rollover.