The regular meeting of the Macomb Lions Club was held on February 2, 2012. Members gathered in the dining room of the Grand Prairie Home with those members in attendance as shown on the Attendance Record and Guest Register. Transcribed below is what happened at the meeting:
Attendance: Guests 00
Lead in the Pledge of Allegiance – President DeJaynes
Prayer – Silent
Guests – Jessica Mueller(Mueller) & Amanda Miessler (Brooks)
Birthdays – Lion Bruce Prueter
Program – Business Meeting
1. Lion Beaver discussed membership issues, especially dinner assigned seating. And members and called in guests not showing up. There was some sentiment in letting members sit where they want and some liked the assigned seating. It was decided that we would keep the assigned seating at the first meeting of each month and have open seating at the second meeting.
2. Lion Carter has agreed to take over chair of the Community Service Committee.
3. Lion Beaver talked about the recruitment contest.
4. Lion Morgan asked us to get our Sight and Sound Sweepstakes tickets back in.
5. Motion by Lion Bowen and 2nd by Lion Beaver to accept constitutional changes as presented. Motion passed.
6. Update on Bob Rigg’s health.
7. Lion Jan Entwistle reminded us that the Retinopathy Unit will be on Campus 3/21 from 11-3.
Tail Twister Sweepstakes – $4.50. Won by Lion White. Rollover.