The regular meeting of the Macomb Lions Club was held on January 3, 2013. Members gathered in the meeting room at Wesley Village with those members in attendance as shown on the Attendance Record and Guest Register. Transcribed below is what happened at the meeting:
Attendance: Guests 00
Lead in the Pledge of Allegiance – President Entwistle
Prayer – Lion Morgan
Guests –Sharon Powell (Beaver) and the Peace Poster winners and their parents
Program - Alex Geisler, Director of Development Wesley Village. Wesley Village is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) – the only one in Macomb. It was founded in 1975 by Wesley United Methodist Church. The serve almost 250 residents in all facets of care. They have Wesley at home which helps people stay in their homes. They do companion care, shopping, laundry, etc. They have Home Nursing and Community Care. There is also Wesley Estates which allows individuals to live independently, but have services if needed. They is also the Wesley Retirement Center and the Health Care Center.
Wesley has recently added a new Front Entrance. They are starting phase 3 of Wesley Estates. They are expanding their therapy suite area and creating a community center. (Handouts Attached.)
1. Peace Poster Contest 1st Emily Hance and 2nd Natalie Neve.
2. Next meeting will be 1/17/2013. We will induct three new members.
3. District Orientation will be held in Monmouth on 2/9 in Monmouth.
4. We will celebrate our 50th anniversary in the Fall of 2013.
5. The District Convention will be March. We need to select a Lion of the Year.
6. President Jan would like for us to concentrate on February as recruiting month.
Tail Twister Sweepstakes – None.