The regular meeting of the Macomb Lions Club was held on July 19, 2012. Members gathered in the dining room of the Grand Prairie Home with those members in attendance as shown on the Attendance Record and Guest Register. Transcribed below is what happened at the meeting:
Attendance: Guests 01
Lead in the Pledge of Allegiance – President Entwistle
Prayer – Lion Self
Guests – Valencia Pettigrew (Keudell)
Birthdays – Bowen, Clayton, Jefferson and Self
Program – Business Meeting
1 Lion President Jan Entwistle talked about International President Madden’s Theme for his year – “In a World of Service”. IP Madden is focusing on reading. We now need to focus our efforts to match his. We can do more like reading at the schools, reading to the blind at the RIS Studio. Go to International website to get ideas. DG Gordon’s theme is “Service with a Lions Heart”.
2. Next meeting will be August 16th
3. Candy Day Jamboree is August 8th is Galesburg. Joanna Graham is chair. We will have 2 phases – Share Sales is September and Candy Days is October. If we have enough workers, we will be at Hy Vee, Farm King, Wal*Mart, and K-Mart
4. Received thank you from LIF for $525 donation for Camp Lions (sent Leo again).
5. Committee of Entwistle, Entwistle, DeJaynes and Jefferson are still scouting out new locations. Wesley is booked on our Thursday nights. They have talked to the Red Ox and Macomb Café.
6. If you have info for other groups, it can be laid out on the dinners tables unless it gets out of hand.
7. Heritage Days – Lion Orris from Colchester is a Guard Camp, but should get us numbers by August. We talked about getting more new members involved.
8. Broke up into committees.
Tail Twister Sweepstakes – $9.50 – No sweepstakes was held – Rollover.