The regular meeting of the Macomb Lions Club was held on May 5, 2011. Members gathered in the dining room of the Grand Prairie Home with those members in attendance as shown on the Attendance Record and Guest Register. Transcribed below is what happened at the meeting:
Attendance: Guests 02
Lead in the Pledge of Allegiance – None
Prayer – Silent
Guests – Bryant Mahlstedt
Program – Lightbulb and Broom Clean Up Night
1. Lion Bowen talked about our Community Service Project of picking up on the Highway. Gave thoughts on how it went and what might work better.
2. Lion Bowen talked about his private venture to help unemployed gain employment.
3. Lion Huffman talked about the Park District’s need to have path cleared on trails at Veteran’s Park.
4. Lion Risley talked about Diabetes Awareness Day on May 21st. We will do Hy Vee and Wal*Mart.
5. Lion Beaver announced June 2nd meeting will be Induction of New Officers and June 16th will be an induction of new members night.
Tail Twister Sweepstakes – None.