The regular meeting of the Macomb Lions Club was held on August 16, 2012. Members gathered in the dining room of the Grand Prairie Home with those members in attendance as shown on the Attendance Record and Guest Register. Transcribed below is what happened at the meeting:
Attendance: Guests 02
Lead in the Pledge of Allegiance – President Entwistle
Prayer – Lion DeJaynes
Guests – Bernard Murray (Beaver) & Larry Murray (Zrelkat)
Program –- Business Meeting
1. President Entwistle gave an International Key to Lion Jani for bringing in 2 new members.
2. Secretary read minutes and Treasurer gave report.
3. Committee Reports -
Candy Days – Lion Graham. Phase l will be underwriting and Phase ll will be the giveaway at the local businesses. We usually raise about $5,000 with 60% going to the Lions of Illinois Foundation. Giveaway dates are October 5th and 6th. We will also be at Macomb High on the evening of the 5th for their home football game.
Rose Sale – October 19th and 20th will be delivery dates. President Entwistle gave out the order forms so we could start taking orders. We will sell the roses for $18/dozen. Orders should be prepaid and due to President Entwistle by October 2nd.
Macomb Lions Day at Buffalo Wild Wings. On November 14th from 4 to 9 pm, BWW will donate to the Macomb Lions 10% of food purchases made when coupon is presented. Lion Dewitt will bring the coupons for us to give out.
Lion Bishop talked about membership. Give him your thoughts on getting new members and retention. Lion Battin gave handout on his thoughts about our club and membership.
Lion Lueck – Boys and Girls talked about getting the Peace Poster contest going. Last year’s local winner was also the District 1-H winner. We sent a camper to Camps Lions again over the summer. He is expecting the regular requests to come in.
Lion Carter – Community Service We are going to assist a family by building a ramp for a girl in a wheelchair suffering from cerebral palsy. Lion Carter said future projects would be proposed. Lion Carter will survey the club.
Lion Morgan – Hearing Nothing to report.
Lion Beaver – Publicity Publicity Committee is meeting the 1st Tuesday of the month and will continue to get articles in the paper.
4. President DeJaynes talked about the need to change meeting locations. The committee has narrowed the locations down and will be sending out a ballot for club to vote on.
5. Flags of Love – September 3rd – 7 am and 6 pm. This is the Lions Club’s responsibility.
6. Lion Schoonover presented costs of ordering new shirts from Gumbarts. President Entwislte is going to get costs from Midstate Graphics.
7. President Entwislte announced that Lion Culver had submitted his resignation and that we would need a new Tail Twister. Also she would like a Sunshine Committee to send out cards when we have members in the hospital.
8. We got a report from Colchester and made $906.45 for our assistance. Report filed with minutes.
Tail Twister Sweepstakes – $9.50 – No sweepstakes was held – Rollover.