The regular meeting of the Macomb Lions Club was held on January 17, 2013. Members gathered in the meeting room at Wesley Village with those members in attendance as shown on the Attendance Record and Guest Register. Transcribed below is what happened at the meeting:
Attendance: Guests 00
Lead in the Pledge of Allegiance – President Entwistle
Prayer – Lion Carter
Guests –PDG Kroll, Katrina Best and Daryl Best
Program - Katrina Best – Works for WCISEC and did an internship in Bolivia which we helped fund. Katrina’s topic was “Promoting Global Partnership between professionals in the field of Visual Impairments. She worked with the visually impaired
1. Secretary read January 3rd minutes.
2. Treasurer’s Report – Rose Sales net was about $1600. Candy Day net was about $1600. Made $77.92 from BWW night.
3. President Entwistle announced Lion DeWitt was selected as our club’s Lion of the year and will be presented with an District Award at the District Convention.
4. President Entwistle announced the District Orientation being held in Monmouth on February 9th from 1:30 to 4 pm.
5. Induction of Two Feathers Clayton and Bernard Murray by PDG Kroll.
6. Lion DeWitt announced that she is trying to come up with a March and April Fundraiser.
7. Lion Jefferson announced that Feb 7th meeting will be our Valentine’s meeting and Lion Westen announced that Dennis Danowski from the Macomb Library will be the speaker on Feb 21st.
Tail Twister Sweepstakes – $5.75 won by Lion Meixner. He was not present so there is a rollover.