The regular meeting of the Macomb Lions Club was held on October 18, 2012. Members gathered in the dining room of the Grand Prairie Home with those members in attendance as shown on the Attendance Record and Guest Register. Transcribed below is what happened at the meeting:
Attendance: Guests 00
Lead in the Pledge of Allegiance – President Entwistle
Prayer –Lion Keudell
Program -: Carla Teslicka, Executive Director – McDonough County YMCA
Talked about the “New YMCA”. There are lots of new things going on. Equipment has been upgraded. Have painted and made the “Y” look brighter. They are emphasizing a greater orientation toward the community. They are having the first annual Haunted Hill run on 10/27/2012. There will be an open house on November 12th. 2nd annual Pasta Polooza will be held December 3rd.
1. Picnic was held on the 4th. About 20 in attendance.
2. Treasurer’s Report
3. Candy Days – preliminary report - $1700 from buckets and $1600 in underwriting. Get underwriting done.
4. Rose sale – deliveries have started. The rest need to be done tomorrow (Friday). Total of 253 dozen sold.
5. Lion Dewitt talked about the BWW’s promo. We will get 10% of feed sales on November 14th when coupon is presented.
6. Lion Lowell Lueck got MHS to participate in the Peace Poster Contest. We will not have as many as last year.
7. Lion Bowen talked about Soup Kitchen project.
8. Hearing Committee – We talked about need to go through Lions International in order to get best pricing.
9. Program Committee – WIU President Thomas will be speaker on November 15th and Christmas Party will be December 20th. Next meeting is November 1st and will be a Region Meting.
10. Publicity Committee is still meeting regularly and getting articles in the paper.
11. Lion Battin volunteered to help Lion Self with our paraphernalia – Bell, gavel, banner, charter, etc.
12. Received Thank you from Historical Society for our $200 contribution toward a tree.
Tail Twister Sweepstakes – $4.50 was won by Lion Jessie Risley.